Pages

Monday 7 May 2018

Spending time at church

It was Sunday 29th April. My whole family are Christians which is why we go to church. We wpent there and all of the little kids and big kids were reading their verses that were from the bible. Then everyone at church sang songs a minute later.

I was just sleeping then I woke up at 7 something. I went to the lounge and I lied down for a bit. After that I had to brush my teeth but I had to be told heaps of times until I actually stood up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then had 4 toasts with butter and jam. I didn't really like church actually because all I really did at church was sit down and sing or just listen. After breakfast I relaxed a little bit longer until my mum brought my clothes. Few minutes later my family was ready to go to church. My family had 1 black and red car and a white and grey van. My 2 sisters and my brother and I went in the car to church while my dad and mum came later to church in our grey and white van. We got to church and all the little kids and big kids were reading their verses from the bible. So I joined in.

At the church all of the little kids and big kids were reading their verses from the bible. I was late but no one cared so I went up and prepared a verse from the bible. My cousin Halasika came a little later then me so the adults told Halasika to go up earlier. Halasika, Fakaola and I suddenly had to do our heme. Now I don't really know what heme means in English but I'll find out. Then Halasika reads his heme first then Fakaola read her heme and then I read my heme last. One minute later my cousins and I read our heme so then we went back to our seats and sat down. Now everyone at church starts singing Tongan songs as loud as they can .

Everyone at church sings at church to honor God which is obvious unless you don't know about church. I don't actually know Tongan so it was really hard to sing the songs but I tried my best. Now when the church finishes singing a song everyone sits down and listens to the person that is the Malanga or speaker. At church our speaker was a women I think. After she talks in Tongan she reads something from the bible and then everyone stands up and sings so loud I feel like my ears are going to pop. Church is 1 hour too but sometimes if feels like it's going on and on until night time. One hour hour later church finishes and I went home and played games then I ate crispy and juicy chicken.

My favorite part was eating crispy and juicy chicken and playing games at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment